What individual therapy is on offer at the Clinic?
The majority of therapists at the Rock Clinic follow a Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy approach which offers the opportunity to explore unconscious conflicts and the influence of the past together with more conscious difficulties within a confidential and containing relationship.
Individual therapists on the intermediate and accredited schemes may also offer additional therapeutic interventions alongside this approach.
These include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Couples Therapy, Family Therapy, Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Integrative Body Psychotherapy and Yoga Therapy.
A small number of practitioners follow Integrative and Humanistic approaches and we have a variety of complementary therapies available from individual practitioners.
- Integrative therapists are trained in several different therapeutic approaches and will combine those techniques and schools of practice depending on the needs of the client. They will blend different theories, drawing on elements of each to best help and support their clients. They are concerned not only with what works, but also why it works.
- Humanistic therapies focus on self-development, growth and responsibilities. They seek to help individuals recognise their strengths, creativity and choice in the 'here and now'. Therapeutic approaches available: Existential, Gestalt, Person-centred, Solution Focussed Brief therapy and Transactional Analysis.
What does Family Matters offer at the Clinic?
- Family Matters therapists focus on understanding problems in a contextual framework and aim to help couples and families find ways to cope collaboratively with issues that affect the couple or family unit. Therapeutic Approaches available: Psychodynamic, Systemic and Solution Focussed therapy. For further details see Family Matters
- Young People offers specialist therapy for young people up to 17 provided by therapists with a particular interest and experience in working with teenagers. Approaches include: Psychodynamic, CBT, Sand Tray, Art and Play therapy. For further details see Young People
Group Therapy offers the opportunity for anyone to gain insight into and improve the ways they relate to others. By exploring interactions and taking feedback for the group, members can begin to understand how they are seen by fellow participants in a confidential and secure setting. Group therapy is available at Rock West – please see Group Therapy for further details.
What is the difference between the schemes?
- Low cost therapy: £15 – a weekly appointment with a trainee counsellor on a postgraduate counselling course. Therapy with a trainee is time-limited to to 26 weeks.
- Unaccredited Intermediate therapy: £30 – a weekly appointment with a therapist who is fully qualified and working towards accreditation with one of the Counselling and Psychotherapy professional bodies.
- Accredited Intermediate therapy: sliding scale £40 – 45.00 which can be discussed at initial interview. Therapists on the scheme are accredited with one of the Counselling and Psychotherapy professional bodies.
- Senior Accredited therapy: sliding scale £50 - 55.00 which can be discussed at initial interview. Therapists on the scheme are accredited with one of the Counselling and Psychotherapy professional bodies and have over 10 years experience. See Options
How many sessions will it take?
There is no clear answer to this? Options can be discussed during the initial interview in the first instance and again more fully with the therapist that you will be working with. But for information:
- Intermediate and senior therapists can offer short-term and open-ended therapy.
- Low cost therapists offer up to 26 weeks.
Can I view my therapist on your website?
For reasons of confidentiality and data protection we do not give out any details of the therapists who work at the Rock Clinic.
I have had therapy here before – can I come back and see the same therapist?
If you have been a Rock client in the past and would like to return, we are always happy to refer you to your previous therapist. However, if your therapist is not available, we would recommend that you book another initial interview to discuss your current concerns. Unfortunately, if the therapist that you had been seeing before is no longer at the Clinic, for reasons of confidentiality and data protection, we are unable to provide any contact details.
In addition to the current therapies we offer, we are introducing new services during 2018: